- Prep: 5
- Serves: 2
- 2 small banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk, frozen into cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup no-added-salt chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbs peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 1 date, pitted
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender or jug that can be used with a stick blender.
- Blitz until desired texture is reached. Note: if your mixer is not very powerful, blitz everything together without any frozen ingredients, then add the frozen things a little at a time, blitzing as you go.
- To make layered milkshakes, follow the recipe but leave out the cocoa. Divide the mixture into two, add half the cocoa to one portion and blitz. Divide the chocolatey mixture between two glasses, and then gently pour the pale mixture down the side of the glasses. Alternatively, tilt the glass and pour gently down the side of the glass.
- You can substitute cowâ€™s milk with a plant-based milk alternative like soy (choose one that is fortified with calcium).
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1126 kJ||347 kJ|
|Protein||11.8 g||3.6 g|
|Fat, total||9.7 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.9 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||18.6 g||5.7 g|
|Fibre||5.7 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||159 mg||49 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2022, reproduced with permission.