Roast Vegetable Quinoa Bake
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 45 mins
- Serves: 8
- 2 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernel
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 125 g cherry tomato
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 200 g reduced-fat feta cheese, diced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 200oC.
Fill a saucepan with water, add the diced potato and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain and set aside.
Cook the quinoa as per the directions on pack using the vegetable stock instead of water.
Spray a non-stick ovenproof frypan with olive oil, add the onion, garlic, cumin and capsicum and fry until the onion starts to soften. Add the quinoa, potato, corn, peas, tomatoes and coriander to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Place in a large baking dish (22 x 32 cm), top with the cubed feta and bake for 20 minutes. Then grill on high for a few minutes to brown the feta if desired. Sprinkle with chopped parsley
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.