Corn Noodle Cake
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 4
- 100 g angel hair pasta or spaghettini, broken into 5cm lengths
- 6 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 400 g can creamed corn
- 400 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- homemade salsa (chopped tomatoes, chilli and coriander) or green side salad, to serve
- Add pasta to a medium pot of boiling water. Cook for 6-8 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain then set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with black pepper then mix in creamed corn, kernels, spring onion, capsicum, coriander and pasta.
- Spray a large non-stick frypan with oil and place on medium to high heat. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly spread around the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and firm. Flip noodle cake and brown on reverse side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and salad or salsa, if desired.
Egg rings can help mould your cakes into shape
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1804.3 kJ||334.6 kJ|
|Protein||20.1 g||3.7 g|
|Fat, total||13.6 g||2.5 g|
|— saturated||3.6 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.4 g||9.5 g|
|— sugars||14.8 g||2.8 g|
|Fibre||11.2 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||735.9 mg||136.5 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2022, reproduced with permission.