Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
- 400 g skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- olive or canola oil spray
- 400 g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cooked
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 1 cup guacamole, (see our recipe)
In a small bowl mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cumin to make a taco seasoning.
Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board and slice horizontally through the breasts to create two thin slices per breast. Flatten the slices with a meat mallet. Sprinkle both sides with the taco seasoning.
Spray a large non-stock fry pan with olive oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes one side, flip and cook for a further 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Heat the corn and black beans in a separate pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Warm the rice in the microwave and mix in the chopped coriander and lime juice.
Divide the rice, chicken, corn, beans, lettuce, tomatoes and onion into 4 bowls. Top with cheese and serve with guacamole.
- Replace the chicken with 400 g uncooked rump steak and follow recipe as usual.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.