- Prep: 5
- Cook: 60 mins
- Serves: 8
- olive or canola oil spray
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 apples, grated
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Spray a cake pan with oil.
- Beat the margarine and sugar with a whisk until creamy.
- With a whisk beat in one egg at a time until they are mixed in well.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and stir gently.
- Add bananas, apples and milk to the mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until just golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.