Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium potatoes , peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 L water
- 4 tbs low-fat natural or Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 4 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry onion, garlic, cumin and curry powder for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are just soft.
- Use a stick blender, normal blender or food processor to blitz the soup till smooth. Add more water if you prefer a runnier soup.
- Serve with a slice of toast and a spoonful of yoghurt.
- Roast the vegies in the oven first for a sweeter, more intense flavour
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1457 kJ||211 kJ|
|Protein||12.7 g||1.8 g|
|Fat, total||4.5 g||0.7 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||58.1 g||8.4 g|
|— sugars||24.4 g||3.5 g|
|Fibre||10.6 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||431 mg||62.4 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2023, reproduced with permission.