- Prep: 10
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup uncooked bulgar (see note)
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 3 cups Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, pour the boiling stock over the bulgur. Let sit for 30-60 minutes until softened and then strain through a fine mesh sieve. Cool.
- Combine the bulgur, parsley, mint, spring onions and tomatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and pinch of salt. Pour over the bulgur mix and toss to mix well.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Note: Bulgar is a cereal made from whole wheat partially boiled then dried.
1 serve of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
- Add a 400g can of drained and rinsed chickpeas for added fibre and protein.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.