- Prep: 10
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
- ½ lemon
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- ¼ cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tbs mint leaves, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices grainy toast
- 4 eggs, cooked to your liking
- Chilli flakes or hot sauce, optional
- For four serves, get about ½ a teaspoon of zest and 2 teaspoons of juice from the lemon.
- Use a fork or food processor to smash together the peas, feta, mint, chopped garlic, lemon and pepper. Taste, and add more pepper and lemon as needed.
- Serve pea smash on toast, topped with a cooked egg and chilli flakes, if desired.
- Rub the toast with a cut piece of garlic as soon as it comes out of the toaster for an extra garlic flavour.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.