- Prep: 10
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tbs mint leaves, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- to taste pepper
- 4 slices grainy toast
- 4 eggs, cooked to your liking
- to taste chilli flakes or hot sauce, optional
- For four servings, get about ½ a teaspoon of zest and 2 teaspoons of juice from the lemon.
- Use a fork or food processor to smash together the peas, feta, mint, chopped garlic, lemon and pepper. Taste, and add more pepper and lemon as needed.
- Serve pea smash on toast, topped with a cooked egg and chilli flakes, if desired.
- Rub the toast with a cut piece of garlic as soon as it comes out of the toaster for an extra garlic flavour.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1033 kJ||600 kJ|
|Protein||17.9 g||10.4 g|
|Fat, total||8.7 g||5 g|
|— saturated||2.6 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||19.8 g||11.5 g|
|— sugars||2.9 g||1.7 g|
|Fibre||8.3 g||4.8 g|
|Sodium||389 mg||226 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2022, reproduced with permission.