- Prep: 5
- Cook: 3 mins
- Serves: 2
- 3 small button mushroom, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced baked beans
- 6 leaves rocket or baby spinach, chopped
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- olive or canola oil spray
- Microwave mushrooms on HIGH (100%) for 45 seconds and strain excess moisture.
- In a small bowl combine mushrooms, baked beans and spinach.
- Lightly spray sandwich maker with oil. Place 2 slices of bread on the base of the sandwich maker then divide the filling over the 2 slices. Top with remaining slices of bread and toast until heated through and golden brown.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Replace spinach and mushrooms with other vegetables, such as Chinese cabbage (also called Wombok), or chopped capsicum.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||979 kJ||392 kJ|
|Protein||13 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||36 g||14 g|
|— sugars||6 g||2 g|
|Fibre||9 g||3 g|
|Sodium||579 mg||231 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2023, reproduced with permission.