- Prep: 10
- Cook: 30 mins
- Serves: 20
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- Olive or canola oil spray
- Put the orange juice, zucchini and carrot in a small saucepan and cook until vegetables are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, egg and milk and mix to make a smooth batter.
- Mix the cooked vegetables into the batter.
- Heat a frying pan and lightly spray with oil.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture into the frying pan and cook until bubbles appear, then flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.