- Prep: 10
- Cook: 45 mins
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- ½ bunch coriander, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and diced (optional)
- Cook the rice to the packet directions. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together.
- Place the rice salad in serving bowls.
1 serve of vegies in each serve of this recipe
- Top each bowl with a few slices of poached chicken breast.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.