Rice Paper Rolls
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: 5
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium capsicum, sliced in half long-ways
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 medium carrot, grated
- 3 leaves cabbage or wombok, finely shredded
- 200 g firm tofu, cut into 5cm lengths
- 20 pieces rice paper rounds (22cm)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 30 mL reduced-salt soy sauce
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Quickly dip each rice paper round into the water until it is soft. Spread flat on a work surface.
- Layer the vegetables starting with the spinach over the bottom third of the rice paper. Then top with the capsicum zucchini carrot and wombok and finally the tofu. Fold in both sides of the rice paper then lift the bottom edge over the vegetables. Tightly tuck and roll the rice paper away from you. Set aside seam side down. Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- To make the sauce mix all the ingredients together ensuring the sugar is dissolved.
Replace the tofu with either chicken avocado or tuna.
Cover with damp paper towel then wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate to avoid drying out.
2 serves of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||251.2 kJ||388.9 kJ|
|Protein||1.9 g||2.9 g|
|Fat, total||0.9 g||1.4 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||10.3 g||16 g|
|— sugars||2.1 g||3.2 g|
|Fibre||1.4 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||156.7 mg||242.6 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.