Rainbow Pasta Salad
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 300g green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g spiral or bowtie pasta (3 cups cooked)
- 420g can reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 420g can no-added-salt four bean mix, drained
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 rmedium red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup fat-free semi-sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- For the dressing
- 1 ½ tbs dijon mustard
- ½ tbs honey
- ½ tbs white vinegar
- ½ tbs water
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil. Add beans and simmer for 2 minutes until they are bright green. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Alternatively cook beans in the microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes with a tablespoon of water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to packet directions until just tender.
- Drain well and add to a large serving bowl with drained beans and remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small jug, mix together dressing ingredients then pour over salad. Toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cold the next day.
- Replace tinned corn with kernels removed from 1 fresh cob which has been steamed or microwaved on HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes.
- Add a small chopped avocado just before serving.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.