Quick Tuna Couscous
- Prep: 10
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 420g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 420g reduced-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp curry powder, optional
- Place couscous in a small heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water; cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Into a large bowl combine tuna, corn, peas, spring onions and coriander.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and stir through sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Add couscous to salad ingredients, mix well and serve.
- Replace couscous with 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice.
- Add a drained 420g can of no-added-salt 4-bean mix, chickpeas or cannellini beans.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.