Mexibean Tortilla Melt
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 5 mins
- Serves: 2
- 440g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ tsp ground cumin or ground coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 wholegrain or reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps (20cm)
- Mix all ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of bean mix on one side of each tortilla, then fold over the other side to enclose filling.
- Place in a heated sandwich press and toast for 2 minutes or until crisp and cheese melted.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 triangles and serve immediately.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.