- Prep: 10
- Cook: 10 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 wholemeal pita bread
- 1 olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup Mexican salsa, (see our recipe)
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (or 1 corn cob, cooked)
Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray 1 side of each pita pocket with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Cut each pocket into 8 triangles. Place, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Layer the ingredients evenly between containers, finishing with the coriander and pita crisps.
For school, pack salad in a clear plastic container with pita chips packed separately to keep them crisp.
Add our guacamole (see recipe) for an extra special treat.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.