Hummus Four Ways
- Prep: 15
- Serves: 8
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 x 400 g can no-added-salt chickpeas
- 1 tbs hulled tahini paste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin, optional
- to taste pepper and salt
- Mince or grate the garlic. If you are using a food processor with a small bowl you can use it to do the garlic too.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the food processor with the other ingredients.
- Blitz the ingredients (except pepper and salt), adding a tablespoon of very cold water at a time to help it blend. Keep adding water and blitzing until it’s smooth and a texture you like.
- Taste, and season with pepper and salt if required.
- Add 1 cup (175 g) roasted pumpkin and 2 cloves roasted garlic.
BEETROOT AND MINT:
- Add 225 g tin of beetroot, drained (or roasted beetroot) and fresh mint.
- Add 2 tablespoons olives and 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||283 kJ||589 kJ|
|Protein||2.8 g||5.7 g|
|Fat, total||3.5 g||7.3 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.7 g||9.9 g|
|— sugars||0.3 g||0.7 g|
|Fibre||2.1 g||4.5 g|
|Sodium||96 mg||199 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2023, reproduced with permission.