Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- Prep: 5
- Cook: 40 mins
- Serves: 4
- 2 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tbs ground nutmeg
- Olive or canola oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Place well drained chickpeas between sheets of paper towel and pat gently to absorb water taking care not to rub off skins.
- Transfer to a large tray lined with baking paper; spread chickpeas evenly in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes until chickpeas are lightly browned and crunchy in the centre.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a large heatproof bowl.
- Add warm cooked chickpeas.
- For a caramelised flavour, return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.