Fake Baked Loaded Sweet Potato
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 12 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 300 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast, sliced or shredded
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil leaves
- to taste pepper
- Scrub skins and cut any blemishes off sweet potatoes. Use a fork to prick sweet potatoes at least a dozen times each.
- Place sweet potatoes onto a plate under a microwave-safe cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, turn over and cook a further 5 minutes until softened and cooked in the centre. Be careful when turning over the sweet potato - steam will burn!
- Carefully cut potatoes in half lengthways and place each on a serving plate open-faced. Sprinkle halves with cheese then layer on chicken and tomatoes. Microwave for another 2 minutes if desired.
- Top with torn basil leaves and black pepper and serve.
Top with other salad ingredients such as baby spinach leaves, microwaved sliced red onion, canned corn kernels or beans, sliced red capsicum, mushrooms or spring onions. Add drained artichokes, olives, sundried tomatoes, roasted pepper strips or other chargrilled vegetables. Top with dried chilli flakes or chopped red chilli for some heat. Replace basil with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle yoghurt with ground cumin or paprika for a Mexican-style flavour.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2087 kJ||414 kJ|
|Protein||39.9 g||7.9 g|
|Fat, total||12.9 g||2.6 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||49 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||22.4 g||4.5 g|
|Fibre||11.4 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||294 mg||58 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2023, reproduced with permission.