Easy Pasta Salad
- Prep: 5
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 350g pasta, your favourite kind
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 8 pitted black olives
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. While the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes and olives in half. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside, reserving a little bit of the cooking liquid.
- In the same pot used to cook the pasta, heat the oil and fry the garlic and capers until fragrant. Add the capsicum, tomatoes and olives and cook for two minutes. Pour the pasta back into the pot with the spinach, pesto and a small amount of cooking liquid. Stir until the spinach has wilted slightly.
- Serve as an evening meal with a side salad and pan fried chicken or fish. Alternatively, cool overnight and add the diced cucumber for a delicious pasta salad.
- Roma tomatoes also work well in this recipe
- Add grilled chicken to your pasta salad for a balanced meal
2 serves of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.