- Prep: 10
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 12
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 420 g can creamed corn
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sundried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200 ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 12-cup capacity muffin pan with oil.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
5. Pour into greased muffin tray.
6. Bake 20 -25 min or until a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe works well in all different shapes and sizes. Try a mini-muffin pan, a loaf tin or a lamington tray but be aware that smaller muffins will cook quicker.
- Replace the spring onion, sundried tomatoes and parsley with smokey paprika, char-grilled corn and red onion for a Mexican twist.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||680 kJ||651 kJ|
|Protein||6 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||2 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||28 g||26 g|
|— sugars||7 g||7 g|
|Fibre||3 g||3 g|
|Sodium||263 mg||252 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2023, reproduced with permission.