Choose Your Own Adventure Muffins
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 12
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 egg
- Mix-ins- choose from the list below or create your own!
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray with oil spray.
- Mix the flours and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yoghurt, oil, egg and mix-ins
- Add this wet mixture to the flour and sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Note: This mixture will make 24 mini muffins. Smaller muffins will cook quicker so check them after 15 minutes.
- Banana-rama: 2 mashed bananas + 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Coco Jambo: 1 small can crushed pineapple (well drained) + 2-3 tbs dessicated coconut
- Halloween: 3/4 cup grated pumpkin + 1 tbs allspice
- Apple-y ever after: 1 grated apple (skin on) + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Berry-licious: 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- Tutti-fruity: 3 tbs chopped dried fruit.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.