Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: 18
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda (bicarbonate)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 200mL reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan forced). Spray muffin tins with oil.
- Place sugar in a large bowl and break up any lumps. Sift in cocoa, baking powder, bicarb and flours, returning husks from the sieve to the bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in a cup with a fork then add to flour mix with yoghurt, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine (mix will still be quite dry), then mix in zucchini and sultanas.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins (makes 18) and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Try other dried fruit like cranberries or raisins.
- Add 2 tbs chopped nuts or seeds.
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2019, reproduced with permission.