Baked Vegie Chips
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 large beetroot, peeled
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Slice all the vegetables into thin rounds with a knife. Alternatively, use a mandolin if you have one.
- Spread them out on paper towels and blot dry with more paper towel to ensure they're as dry as possible.
- Line a baking tray with foil and lightly spray with olive oil. Spread the vegetables and herbs on the tray and spray them with olive oil and add a dash of salt.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes to ensure they're not burning. Remove any that are brown and crispy before the others.
- Beetroot stains, so protect your benchtops and wear gloves when peeling and slicing it.
- Use vegies that are in season
2 serves of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.