Ladybug cheese crackers
- Prep: 20
- Serves: 6
- 12 water crackers
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 bambini bocconcini (mini fresh mozzarellas), sliced
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 1/2 tbs balsamic glaze
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Lay out water crackers on a tray.
2. Top each cracker with a slice of bocconcini and a cherry tomato half, just off centre.
3. Brush the tomatoes with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with sesame seeds (white or black).
4. Place 2 chive sticks on bocconcini at head of tomato and place the piece of olive on top of chives to complete.
5. Serve immediately.
TIP You could pre-prepare the ladybugs and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. Remove from fridge and place on the crackers.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||377.6 kJ||714.7 kJ|
|Protein||4 g||7.5 g|
|Fat, total||5.6 g||10.5 g|
|— saturated||2.7 g||5 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.5 g||10.5 g|
|— sugars||1 g||1.8 g|
|Fibre||0.8 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||213.8 mg||404.8 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Queensland Government healthier website.