Crunchy caterpillars and snails
- Prep: 20
- Serves: 10
- 1/2 bunch celery, cut into segments
- 100 g peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
- 100 g reduced-fat cream cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 grapes
- 15 blueberries, halved
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
1. Fill half of the celery pieces with cream cheese and half with peanut butter (if using peanut butter).
2. Place a cherry tomato or a grape at the end of each for the head.
3. Use the cream cheese and halved blueberries to create eyes.
4. Make the bodies with a row or grapes or cherry tomatoes for the caterpillars or use a large slice of apple, kiwi fruit or cucumber to make snails.
5. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||441 kJ||620.1 kJ|
|Protein||3.6 g||5.1 g|
|Fat, total||8 g||11.3 g|
|— saturated||2.6 g||3.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||4 g||5.6 g|
|— sugars||3.5 g||5 g|
|Fibre||1.6 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||56.7 mg||79.7 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Queensland Government healthier website.