Become a Crunch&Sip Classroom
Teachers, if your class has a daily Crunch&Sip break, but you are unable to register the whole school, you can register to become a Crunch&Sip Classroom.
Single or multiple classes at a school can become certified, however, an application form is required for each Crunch&Sip Classroom. After your application has been approved you will be sent a resource pack including a tally chart, set of desk mats, water bottle stickers, a certificate, and more! Registration is valid until the end of the school year.
Step 1: Identify strategies
Understand what the Crunch&Sip program is about and how to conduct it. Then, ensure that strategies are developed to provide vegetables and/or fruit and water bottles for students who do not have access to them. Don’t worry we have some great ideas for you to use!
Step 2: Inform everyone
- Inform your class parents/carers e.g. distribute Crunch&Sip brochures and parent magnets (order free parent resources here).
- Discuss the permitted and non-permitted foods with parents and students.
- Set a time for students to eat their veg or fruit.
Step 3: Do a classroom trial
- Establish Crunch&Sip in the classroom for a trial period of 5 days.
- At least 75% of students in the class must participate daily to register as a Crunch&Sip Classroom.
- Set some classroom rules. See some ideas here.
Step 4: Register
Once you have completed the above steps, it’s time to make it official! Fill in the application form and, once approved, we’ll send out your resource pack including a tally chart, set of desk mats, water bottle stickers, a certificate, and more!