Become a certified school
Are you located in Western Australia and want to introduce Crunch&Sip into your school? Or maybe you are already participating? Follow the simple steps below and sign up today!
If you are interested in becoming a Crunch&Sip school in New South Wales visit: Healthy Kids Association
Step 1: Gather support
- Approach the school administration team to ensure there is support for becoming a Crunch&Sip School. You could present our video or PowerPoint presentation to start the conversation.
- Discuss strategies for implementing Crunch&Sip with staff members and parent committees.
- Make Crunch&Sip a regular agenda item at a scheduled school meeting or develop a Health and Well-being committee.
- Nominate a Crunch&Sip Coordinator.
Don't have enough support to certify your school? Try it in a classroom or two, see how here.
Step 2: Identify strategies
- Ensure that strategies are developed to provide vegetables and/or fruit and water bottles for students who do not have access.
Step 3: Do a trial
- Inform parents/carers e.g. distribute Crunch&Sip brochures and parent magnets (order free parent resources here).
- Discuss the permitted and non-permitted foods with parents and students.
- Set a time for students to eat their veg or fruit.
- Trial Crunch&Sip for at least 2 weeks.
- Ensure at least 75% of students are participating in Crunch&Sip.
Step 4: Take the pledge!
Once you have completed the steps 1-3 it’s time to make it official.