- Prep: 5
- Cook: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 400 g spaghetti or other pasta
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 2 celery, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 x 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- green side salad, to serve
- Place spaghetti in a pot of boiling water on stove. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Spray a frying pan with oil.
- Gently cook onion and garlic until soft.
- Spray frying pan with a little more oil and brown mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon.
- Add in celery and carrot, reducing heat to medium, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes.
- Once vegetables have cooked through add tomatoes to pan.
- Stir over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain the water and serve onto a dinner plate.
- Top spaghetti with a scoop of the meat bolognaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve with a garden salad.
- Replace half the mince with a can of lentils to reduce the cost and increase the veg.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2674 kJ||448 kJ|
|Protein||39 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||2 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||85 g||14 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||869 mg||145 mg|
LiveLighter ®© State of Western Australia 2022, reproduced with permission.