Roast Vegie and Chickpea Salad
- Prep: 20
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups leftover roast vegies (e.g. carrot, pumpkin, potato, sweet potato)
- 400g chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 150g baby spinach
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, picked
- 1 orange, juiced
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Dice the roast vegies into 1.5cm pieces and add to a large bowl with the chickpeas and orange juice. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Add the red onion, spinach and parsley.
- Combine the olive oil, honey, white wine vinegar, mustard and pepper in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
- Dress the salad and toss gently.
2 ½ serves of vegies in each serve of this recipe.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.