Chicken & Couscous Salad
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 25 mins
- Serves: 6
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into thin wedges
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup cous cous, preferably wholemeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 500g leftover cooked chicken or skinless BBQ chicken, chopped
- 1 cup coriander and/or mint, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 cup fresh cherries, deseeded and halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the pumpkin and onion on a lined baking tray and spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until browned. Remove and cool.
- Pour the boiling water into a large bowl. Add the couscous, stir, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin, onion and couscous and season. Toss gently to combine.
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.