Vegie filo cups
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 35 mins
- Serves: 12
- 12 sprays olive or canola oil spray
- 375 g filo pastry
- 3 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed of extra moisture
- 4 medium yellow squash, grated
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 small tomato, diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 large egg
- 2 tbs wholemeal plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tray with olive oil. Cut the filo into squares to fit the size of the muffin wells. Fill each muffin well with 3-4 layers of filo squares. Lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini, squash, capsicum, red onion, tomato, oregano, eggs, wholemeal flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Fill each filo cup with the mixture sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 25 minutes until the filo is golden brown on the edges and the filling is firm and cooked through. Remove from the tins immediately so the filo doesn't go soft. Cool on a wire rack.
1 serve of vegies in each serving of this recipe.
- Replace the tomato zucchini squash and mozzarella with 3 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves and mix through 1 cup of crumbled reduced-salt feta cheese.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||959.3 kJ||655 kJ|
|Protein||8.7 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||8.5 g||5.8 g|
|— saturated||1.8 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.7 g||18.9 g|
|— sugars||3.6 g||2.5 g|
|Fibre||3 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||303.8 mg||207.4 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.