- Prep: 10
- Cook: 45 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 1/2 cups sushi rice, cooked
- 4 tbs white vinegar
- 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium capsicum
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced lengthways
- 1/2 medium beetroot
- 4 sheets Nori (seaweed) for sushi
- 1 165 g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold water. Place in a saucepan with 3 cups of water. Cover and bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer until the rice has absorbed the water approximately 15 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and pour over the sushi vinegar. Stir well to combine. Spread the rice on a baking tray to cool.
- In a small bowl mix the tuna and mayonnaise together.
- Lay a nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat shiny side down. Fill a bowl with cold water for your fingers.
- With wet fingers scoop ¼ of the rice and spread over ¾ of the sheet taking it to the edges but leaving a ¼ of the sheet clear at the end furthest away from you. Place the tuna and vegetables across the rice. Using the bamboo mat roll the sushi away from you. Once rolled to the clear edge brush some water along the rice free nori and finish rolling pressing gently to seal. Repeat with the rest of the sheets.
- Dip a sharp knife in water and cut the sushi into pieces.
Try using either salmon or tofu to replace the tuna.
¾ serve of vegies in each serving of this recipe.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1932.9 kJ||531.4 kJ|
|Protein||16.7 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||7.8 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||76.6 g||21.1 g|
|— sugars||7.9 g||2.2 g|
|Fibre||4.8 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||115.2 mg||31.7 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Cancer Council NSW Healthy Lunch Box website.