- Prep: 10
- Serves: 1
- tomato based pasta sauce
- pasta shapes (spiral or bows)
- 1 black olive, sliced
- 1 slice low-fat cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 g red capsicum, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Heat up last nights pasta sauce and pasta spirals.
2. Cut the cheese slice into a circle and the remaining pieces into long strips, for muzzle and whiskers.
3. Cut capsicum into 3 triangular pieces (2 large, 1 small) for mouth and ears.
4. Slice the olive in half for the eyes.
5. Assemble the lion face by spreading some sauce into a circle in the centre of the plate.
6. Combine the spiral pasta and remaining sauce then spoon around the circle of sauce to create the mane.
7. Place the circle of cheese on the sauce, adding a smaller slice of capsicum and long strips of cheese for the mouth and whiskers.
8. Add the two bigger slices of capsicum on the top of the mane for the ears.
9. Finish face by placing the two olive slices on top of the sauce for eyes.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||938.7 kJ||535.7 kJ|
|Protein||8.1 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||5.7 g|
|— saturated||4.5 g||2.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.7 g||13.6 g|
|— sugars||5.8 g||3.3 g|
|Fibre||3.6 g||2.1 g|
|Sodium||584.3 mg||333.4 mg|
Recipe and image supplied by Queensland Government healthier website.