Permitted food and drinks
"We see both immediate and future benefits for the kids from Crunch&Sip." - Crunch&Sip Teacher
- All fresh vegetables are permitted (e.g. celery, carrot sticks, broccoli bits)
- All fresh fruit (e.g. whole fruits, chopped melon)
- Fruit canned in water, juice or with no added sugar (e.g. peach slices). Don't forget a spoon!
- Dried fruit like sultanas or apricots are allowed for Crunch&Sip but should be limited. This is because dried fruit tends to cling to teeth and is a concentrated source of sugar, increasing the risk of tooth decay.
- A clean, clear water bottle filled with plain water.
All other food and drinks are not permitted including:
- Any drinks other than plain water including fruit or vegetable juice, fruit juice drink, fruit cordial, mineral waters, carbonated water, water with added vitamins and minerals
- 'Fruit' products (e.g. fruit leather, fruit roll-ups, fruit bars or similar)
- Fruit jams, jellies, pies or cakes
- Fruit canned in syrup or jelly or with artificial sweeteners
- Dips, including those that are vegetable based
- Canned or processed vegetables (e.g. olives)
- Vegetable or potato crisps, hot potato chips
- Vegetable pastries (pies, pasties, sausage rolls)
- Vegetable cakes, fritters, quiches, breads or similar
- Please slice small whole fruit and vegetables like grapes and cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters for younger children to reduce the choking hazard.
- Wash all fruit and vegetables before eating
- Easy-to-eat fruit and veg is best
- Buying fruit and vegetables in season is cheaper and tastes better
- Students should wash their hands before eating
- Wash water bottles daily
- Don't share water bottles